It would be an honor and privilege to be initiated as one of Hampton University's Forty under 40. If it weren't for our Home by the Sea, I wouldn't have been afforded the opportunities to accomplish so much as a young professional. In all I do, I keep my alma mater in the forefront of my thoughts and maintain that at all times I am an advocate for Hampton. Below, is a summation of some of my accomplishments, but should any further information need to be provided, I'm happy to oblige.
I am a learning professional, with more than 13 years of experience ranging from training and instructional design to project management and financial analysis. I am a proud alum of Hampton University, with a Bachelor of Science in Business Management (2004).
Upon graduating from Hampton University, I began my career in finance, and later moved into training. I was a Senior Instructional Designer and facilitator at Booz Allen Hamilton for six years. In 2012, I enrolled in the Curriculum & Instruction program at George Mason University, earning my Master of Science in Education in May 2014.
After moving to New York, I took on the role as Senior Program Manager at JPMorgan Chase & Co, and now I serve as a Client Learning Manager for Capital One's Commercial Bank.
- Coach and Choreographer for the Herndon High School Step Team (2009-2014)
- Led them to become two-time national champions in 2011 and 2013, along with many other first place championships.
- Approximately 25 students per year on the roster.
- Over 30 students went on to college (3 to Hampton University and 10 to HBCUs at large)
- After taking the students to Hampton University's High School Day, 3 students enrolled at the university; one of them being Shayma Sulaiman who went on to become Miss Hampton in 2014.
- Education Chair for the Omicron Lambda Alpha Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., where I headed the Distinguished Gentlemen’s Club, a mentor program geared toward the social and community development of high school males of color (2008-2009).
- Director of Activities for Alpha Phi Alpha’s Leadership Development Institute, a program that seeks to equip high school students, primarily sophomores to seniors, with vital leadership skills (2007-2009).
- Panelist and presenter for the White House Initiative on HBCUs (2008).
- Travel & Lifestyle Blogger for CatchGifUcan.com.
- This blog was started as a means to not only document my own travels, but to provide tips and empower full-time professionals to see the world.
- Balancing Corporate Life with Wanderlust: #BookTheTicket, the first work placed on CatchGifUcan.com, was written for the purpose stated above.
- Contributing writer for various travel sites, such as ThirftyTraveler.com, TheFlightDeal.com, and PassportRequired.com.
- Panelist and Industry Professional for George Mason University's Division of Learning Technologies (2017).
- Global Lead for the Risk Analyst program at JPMorgan Chase & Co. (2017)
- This program, held simultaneously in New York, Bangalore and London aimed to acclimate junior employees in the Risk organization by providing overviews of the various Risk initiatives at the firm, connecting them with Risk executives, and cultivating a strong peer network.
- Industry Professional for New York University's School of Professional Services Networking Night.
- Community Service events can be fund HERE.